The Track Editor allows you to create and edit your own custom gene
models. Click Enable Edit Mode to login to the Track Editor.
Track Viewing Options
- Hide All Tracks Leaves only the base position
numbers visible in the viewer.
- Condense All Tracks Shows all the tracks condensed
to dense mode.
- Condense All Visible Tracks Shows only the
tracks previously visible, all condensed to dense mode.
- Expand All Tracks Shows all the tracks expanded
to full mode
- Expand All Visible Tracks Shows only the tracks
previously visible, all expanded to full mode.
- Load Default Track Settings Shows all the
tracks that appear by default.
- Clear Track Highlighting Removes yellow highlight
tracks, such as gene models previously viewed on the Protein page.
- Clear Blast Tracks Removes tracks added by
viewing a BLAST result on the Genome Browser.
- Reorder Tracks Opens the Track Reordering Tool
The Track Reordering Tool
When you click Reorder Tracks, the Genome Viewer displays two lists of tracks, Source Tracks (all the tracks available for viewing) and Current Track Order (the list of tracks to be reordered). The tool will not remove tracks from the Viewer, but whatever tracks appear in the Current Track Order will appear in the Viewer in that order.
- Add > Moves the selected Source Track(s)
to the bottom of the Current Track Order list.
- < Remove Removes the selected track(s)
from the Current Track Order list.
- Reset Clears all the tracks from the Current
Track Order list.
- Apply Returns you to the Genome Viewer with
the tracks displayed as you arranged them in the Current Track Order
- To Top Moves one selected track in the Current
Track Order to the top of the list.
- Move Up Moves one selected track in the Current
Track Order up by one.
- Move Down Moves one selected track in the Current
Track Order down by one.
- To Bottom Moves one selected track in the Current Track Order to the bottom of the list.
Upload Custom Browser Tracks
Use the Upload Custom Browser Tracks link to upload
your data and create a temporary track along the genome. Any data you
choose to upload here will be visible only from your computer for the
current browser session, and your data will not be stored. Please follow
the data guidelines described for the UCSC
Browser Custom Track feature. To add your own custom track to the
- Click the Upload Custom Browser Tracks link.
- Click Browse to choose your file location.
- Type any Additional information in Annotation Text.
- Click Submit.
Advanced Track Controls
Advanced Track Controls allow you to customize your view of available tracks, including adding some tracks that do not appear by default.
- To remove a track from the Genome Viewer, click hide.
- To add a condensed track or condense a full track to a single row,
- To add a full track or expand a condensed one to show all features,
- Click the Refresh button located at the top and
bottom of the toolbar to apply your track settings.