The Tracks area of the Simple Search lets you find information about a gene or transcript in one or more relevant tracks (a subset of the tracks available on the Genome Browser). To launch this search, you work only in the Tracks form.
- Select the track or tracks you want to search from the Tracks menu.
- Enter your query text (e.g., 15209312) in the for text box.
- Click Search Tracks.
The search will find genes and transcripts with your search text in their definition line. The data returned includes:
- Name The name from the definition line of the gene or transcript, a link to the BLAST result page for the item.
- Length The alignment length for the gene or transcript with the gene model.
- Description The complete definition line for the gene or transcript.
- To see BLAST alignment results for a gene or transcript, click its Name.