In general, searching without specifying fields will work fine (your
search will run against all fields by default). However, it is possible
to restrict searches to look at only a certain field, or combination of
fields. You can do this by specifying search terms in the form
go_id:213 returns information about transcripts
annotated to GO ID 0000213.
- name The user-assigned name for the gene or
- autoname The automatically-assigned gene name.
- defline The definition line.
- transcript_id Numeric ID for this transcript
- go_id, go_desc, ec_id, ec_desc Gene
Ontology (GO) or Enzyme Commission (EC) codes or descriptions assigned
to this gene (leave off the "GO000" and "EC:" prefixes)
- ipr_id, ipr_desc InterPro codes
and descriptions (e.g.,
- kog_id, kog_desc KOG ids and descriptions (e.g.,
The allowed fields for homologous hit searches are:
- deflineThe definition line of the hit
sequence(if no field is specified, this is the default search field.
- taxnameThe organism the hit sequence is
derived from (e.g.,
- transcript_idNumeric id for this gene
- go_id, ec_id, ipr_desc, etc.The ontology fields discussed above.