You can view a list of predicted genes (gene models) in a KOG or KOG classification by clicking the corresponding number of gene models on the KOG entry page.
The name of the KOG group appears as the page heading for the list of
gene models. Below it is the name of the KOG classification. To return
to the classification list with the current classification expanded,
click the KOG classification heading.
The list of gene models includes:
- Prot name JGI's name for the predicted gene.
If the gene was predicted by another center, the name is the one assigned
by that center.
- Prot Id The internal JGI identification number
for the predicted gene, a link to the Protein
page for that gene.
- KOG Id The KOG identification number for the
KOG to which the gene is annotated.
- KOG description The description of the KOG to which the gene is annotated.
- Curated? "Yes" or "No" both link to the annotation,
with the current Transcript details if available. From here you can
login to annotate the Transcript.
- To see the Protein page for a specific gene model, click its Prot
At the bottom of the list are buttons for retrieving FASTA sequences or ClustalW alignments.
To retrieve sequence in FASTA format:
- Click the check box next to each gene for which
you want to retrieve sequence.
- Click Retrieve FASTA.
To retrieve a ClustalW alignment:
- Click the check box next to each gene that you want
to include in the alignment. (You must choose more than one gene.)
- Click Clustalw.
To clear your selections, click Uncheck all.